You can find some of these at your local library. You can also get them from Amazon.com, and Amazon usually has used copies
for much less than the new price, although the used copies are, in many cases, practically new. (Look for "More Buying Choices" or a "used" price on the page.
- "Your Money or Your LIfe: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence" by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin
(if you want your money to go further, and still live comfortably, this book is an absolute must)
- "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- "Earth-Sheltered Houses: How to Build an Affordable Underground Home" by Robert L. Roy
- "Cordwood Building: The State of the Art" (Natural Building Series) by Robert L. Roy
- "Timber Framing for the Rest of Us: A Guide to Contemporary Post and Beam Construction" by Rob Roy
- "The Complete Book Of Underground Houses: How To Build A Low Cost Home" by Rob Roy
- "The Fifty Dollar and Up Underground House Book" by Mike Oehler
- "Earth Shelter Technology" by Lester L. Boyer
- "How to Build Your Own Underground Home" by Ray Scott
- "Build Your Dream Home for Less" by R. Dodge Woodson
- "The Owner-Builder Book: How You Can Save More than $100,000 in the Construction of Your Custom Home" by Mark and Elaine Smith
- "The Independent Home: Living Well With Power from the Sun, Wind, and Water" by Michael Potts
- "Alternative HouseBuilding" by Michael McClintock
- "Complete Book Of Cordwood Masonry Housebuilding: The Earthwood Method" by Rob Roy
- "Do-It-Yourself Housebuilding: The Complete Handbook"
by George Nash
- "Be Your Own House Contractor: Save 25% Without Lifting a Hammer" by Carl Heldmann
- "Passive annual heat storage: Improving the design of earth shelters, or, How to store summer's sunshine to keep your wigwam warm all winter"
by John Hait
- "Code Check Electrical: An Illustrated Guide to Wiring a Safe House" by Michael Casey, Redwood Kardon, Douglas Hansen
"Mortgage-Free!: Radical Strategies for Home Ownership"
by Rob Roy